Testing Calendar and Information
George T. Baker Aviation Technical College provides a complete array of testing to meet the needs of its students and the aviation industry. We provide TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education) testing for our enrolled students. The TABE test must be taken before registration. We provide the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Written General, Airframe, and Powerplant exams, for our students, through PSI computer test center which is located on-site.
Students can go online at www.faa.gov for information on the oral/practical exams and to locate a DME.
Students must take a School Qualifying exam prior to taking the FAA General, Airframe and Powerplant Written Exam.
You must register for your test at least one week in advance. Contact the front desk to sign-up for all exams and for information regarding the required forms of identification for each exam. Please note that all students must make an appointment using the school’s online appointment system for all testing requests. Testing personnel will contact the student with more information regarding the requested exam.
- TABE – No cost to applicant
- School Qualifying – No cost to applicant
- FAA Exams – $175.00 (Please note that all FAA Exams must be paid for through PSI website)
- FCC Exams – $55.00
FAILURE TO ATTEND SCHEDULED EXAM/TEST – $20.00. To avoid a fee, you must cancel the 24 hours prior to your testing appointment.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to scheduled test time. If you are late, you will not be allowed to test and must reschedule.
- For TABE and School Qualifying tests, you are required to have your Driver’s License or School ID.
- For all FAA exams, you are required to bring an approved form of identification. For a list of approved and required documentation and identification, please call the school’s main office.
- No books, bags, test guides, phones, cameras, electronic recording devices are allowed in the testing room.