Registration Requirements and Procedures
- Students wishing to register in Adult Education Program must be 16 years of age or older and withdrawn from K-12 school. All students must complete an application for registration online or at the school site.
- After the application is completed, the student is required to present proof of Florida residency for tuition purposes (acceptable forms of identification are listed below.)
- Depending on graduation status, the student may be waived from the Adult Basic Skills Test (TABE.)
- All students are required to meet with a counselor prior to registering for classes. During this session, the counselor will discuss program offerings, and provide academic advisement. The counselor will also assist the student with the completion of a subject selection form.
- The counselor will review and initial all approved courses selected by the student each trimester. Students are required to complete one program before taking courses in another program area.
- Students are encouraged to register for a full trimester. All PELL, VA, DFAP, and agency sponsored students must register for a full trimester. Visa students must register full time (25 hours of instruction a week), and are encouraged to register for the full trimester.
Acceptable documentations verifying in-state status are categorized as group A and group B. In order to prove Florida Residency and becoming applicable for In-State Tuition rates, all forms of identification must prove residency for atleast 1 year.
|Florida I.D. or Florida Driver’s License||Certified Letter from Agency|
|Vehicle Registration||Certificate of Domicile|
|Proof of Homestead Exemption||Enrollment in an Educational Institution|
|Proof of Permanent Home||Lease Agreement|
|High School Transcript||Membership in Florida-based Organization|
|Voter’s Registration Card||Florida Incorporation (12 prior months)|
|Proof of Full-Time Employment for past 12 months||Professional or Occupational License|
Note: One of the two pieces of documentation must be from group A.